Destroy a castle with a lever — but beware of the dragon! Make music in a pinball arcade with inclined planes. Send satellites into orbit with a set of pulleys. Lift sloshing fish tanks with screws. Travel through a wondrous world with a wheel and axle. Split an iceberg of mirrors with a wedge.
Integrates with STEM curriculum
Kids can alter and test each machine to learn about force and motion, actions and reactions, inputs and outputs, conservation of energy, mechanical advantages, and tradeoffs. A free downloadable companion to the app, the Simple Machines Handbook, highlights activities for demonstrating, making, and discussing simple machines.
- Explore 6 simple machines: levers, pulleys, inclined planes, wedges, wheel and axles, and screws.
- Experiment with real world physics, actions and reactions, inputs and outputs. Learn about force and motion.
- Investigate the physics at work behind each machine.
- Integrates with STEM curriculums. Free worksheets available on our site.
- Sophisticated sound design rewards experimentation.
- Original artwork by James Gilleard.
- Smart features use your device’s camera to bring your kids’ world into the app.
- Free downloadable handbook with activities to support learning is available in 5 languages.
- Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly design.
- Entertaining for kids and adults alike.