LumiKids Park is the first app in the new early childhood product line, LumiKids by Lumosity. The LumiKids series is not intended to be brain training for kids, but instead is a digital playspace for kids to explore concepts through intuitive & adaptive activities. Our team has partnered with academic researchers to learn more about the impact of these digital activities for children but have not yet completed any studies. Our product will continue to evolve as the team learns from the outcomes of these studies.
Our products are shaped not only by the input of experts, but also by the input of lots of kids themselves!
KIDS PLAY, PARENTS LEARN:
• Intuitive for young learners to use by themselves, putting kids in control with no text or voice-over instructions
• Adapts to each child’s ability level, keeping kids challenged and engaged with no feelings of failure
• As a parent, gain insight into your child's LumiKids play and receive tips on how to continue practicing these skills with your child
INTUITIVE & ADAPTIVE PLAY:
• SORTING: Sort squirmy little water critters into their correct water puddles based on color, shape and size, using cognitive flexibility as the sorting rules periodically change.
• VISUAL-MOTOR COORDINATION: While feeding the flying “nom nom” critters, combine the use of several visual-motor coordination skills such as visual processing, motor planning and motor control.
• ATTENTION: While playing hide and seek, keep track of multiple darting critters as they hide, in order to find them - requiring a specific type of attention called divided attention.